Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

Growing up and taking holidays

I am very pleased to be able to say that I have had a great holiday for the last two weeks and am well rested :)

This may not seem like a big deal, but since the start of TCL it has been notoriously hard to take a decent break at any point in the year. There has always been project considerations, client commitments, staff emergencies, business issues etc that have a habit of making it very difficult to either plan or take a vacation.

It got to the stage where we used to have a little joke about booking vacations - set it for the go live date of a project. They always slip and you'll always get your vacation!

I guess its a good sign that we have now reached the stage where we have enough of the right people around the place and that things work well enough in enough areas that I was able to take this vacation and enjoy it uninterrupted. Or maybe I'm just not needed anymore?

Either way, the result is good :) The holiday was lovely and I'm already planning the next years worth of breaks to ensure that this isn't a one off fluke - and that there are many more special times ahead.

Maybe its not just the company that's growing up, maybe its me too.

No comments:

Google PageRank

Blogpatrol Traffic Statistics